Saturday, July 5, 2008

Little smiles




We are finally on our last leg of this trip Thank God..Our hotel in Nanning was ok but nothing like we are at now. This hotel is very busy and the food at the breakfast buffet is outstanding compared to what we had. Olivia is doing better she is still attached to Normans hip. We have a few moments but all in all still wants Norman. These pictures are where just Olivia and I are in the room and we bought her a Olympic doll. We were both suprised when it spoke thats how I got these pics. Then she realized Norman was gone and all hell broke loose.
We also got our first night of sleep that was great. She didnt like when I slept on a bed so Norman and I had to sleep on one bed and let me tell you these beds are smaller than a twin. She wanted the whole bed to herself. Well last night we had to finally put her in the crib and screamed and yelled for a good 1/2 hour and finally fell asleep we had a great sleep. we will see how tonight goes. Of course I am not feeling well so that makes it worse. I caught a cold and yesterday I finally could not take it anymore and had a break down but now I am feeling great and can handle it. It just takes a toll on you and you have to have a breakdown once in a while. We slept almost 15 hours so now we are good to go. It does help in this hotel that the air conditioning is working just wonderfully. I am so sick and tired of humidity and always sweating. I hope all this makes sense I am rambling because there is so much. I just remind all you soon to be parents and that you are coming to China be prepared to sweat your ass off!!!!! If you think you can get away with only one shirt a day or two think again. Bring a lot of T-shirts that are cool. Because I am telling you I have never felt humidity like this in my whole life. I am warning you....If need be bring T-shirts you can throw away at the end of the trip to make room for new ones I wish I had. Love you all and miss everyone so much...

5 comments:

Judi said...

Not rambling; perfectly coherent. These past two and half years have been hugely stressful and that her bonding with you is only beginning adds more. Sounds, too, like the 15 hours helped with the final stages of jet lag. Anyway, you were due your own meltdown. She's bonding with one of you - that's HUGE! Take care of yourself; the rest will take care of itself. Hugs from Judi

Fiona said...

Oh, how I remember those hot and humid days in Guangzhou! Hope you are getting more sleep again tonight - hopefully you are all sleeping as I write this! Joe had a good idea - he suggested that you ask the hotel for a rollaway bed in your room - either along with or instead of the crib - and that way you will all have your own beds. Enjoy the rest of your days in China - and we'll see you all when you get home! Fiona

Amy Z said...

Hang in there lady...you'll be glad to come home to "our" humidity!! She looks happy!!

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl and Norm and of course my new grandchild, Olivia. We just got back from up north and were looking at all the wonderful pictures. She is a cutie. Don't worry about breaking down, all mothers do it at one time or another. You never think you will be a good mom or know the right things to do or say. You will be just fine. Just give it time.
Can't wait to see all you on Friday. Love mom and dad.

Dawn said...

Hi Guys,
I just love seeing the pictures of you all as a family. You have a beautiful daughter. I cant tell you how happy we all are for you guys. Cant wait to see you back here in the states. Vinnie is looking forward to a date with Olivia.
Lots of Love
The Meisingers