Sunday, May 10, 2009

1st Mothers Day





Boy what a difference a year makes. Last year at this time we were waiting patiently to find out when we were going to China. Wow a year later I am finally spending my first mother's day with her. My feelings are like Christmas when you can't sleep the night before. Even though I know Olivia really doesn't know exactly what today is. I felt this warm fuzzy feeling, it is a feeling like no other, to know you are one of the most important people in her life. Mothers day feels like Christmas and Thanksgiving all wrapped up into one. Christmas because you have the gift of this little girl, my little girl and Thanksgiving because I am so thankful to have Olivia in my life. I got the perfect gifts today. A heart pendant necklace and flowers from Olivia and Norman, my sister Cindy and brother-in-law Shane gave me a Willow Tree angel of Wishes, and very precious cards from my mother-in-law, my mom and dad and Mike and Marie. I will really cherish this day forever.

No comments: